Sunday, April 10, 2016

siblings

Siblings are incredible things. Nobody "gets you" like they do. They grew up in the same house. Raised by the same parents. They have also first handedly gone through every family trial and celebration that you have.
I am so lucky to have a bond with my brother like I do. We both have similar struggles and complexes we have similar joys and humor, we just get each other. Joel has come down to the Bay Area for both of my major surgeries and has sat on those beds with me to help me through the first pains of recovery. To distract me from my INSANE bouts of vomiting and nausea he placed his hand on my back and just slowly moved it side to side. It helped keep my heaving at bay. I don't know where I would be without my brother being by my side in life. Without him advocating for me and believing in me. Sure, we can drive each other more crazy than probably anyone else can. But I think that is mostly because we both believe in the other so much. After losing our sister in high school I see the value more than ever of having a sibling. Cherish yours, cherish that bond. If it is lost, try to rekindle it. But at the very least, love yours. Love yours. Love yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment